ECE 580 Optimization Methods for Systems and Control
- Instructor: Prof. S. Koskie
- Instructor's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instructor's Office Hours: by appointment
- Assistant: Carmela Padilla
- Lectures: MW 7:30–8:45 pm in SL-012
An Introduction to Optimization, 4th edition, by
Edwin K. P. Chong and Stanislaw H. Zak, Wiley,
- Recommended Reading:
Linear and Nonlinear Programming, 3rd edition, by
David G. Luenberger and Yinyu Ye, Springer,
- Syllabus (pdf)
(Updated February 5, 2018) .
- Prerequisites: Graduate Standing or permission from instructor.
- Lecture Notes
- No homework will be assigned. Please work as many problems from
the text as you need in order to understand the material. The Fall
2015 and Spring 2016 ECE580 Websites contain solutions to homework
assigned in those semesters.
- Midterm exams (66%): Midterm exams will be held on Friday evenings.
- Exam 1 (33%) 6:30-9:30pm, Friday, February 22, 2019 in LD-010
- Exam 2 (33%) 6:30-9:30pm, Friday, April 12, 2019 in LD-010
- Final exam (34%) 8:30-10:30pm Wednesday, May 1, 2019 in LD-010
ECE Department Exam Policy
ECE580 Exam Policy
- Exam Solutions
(Updated May 9, 2019)
- Some Useful Links:
|Page last modified
May 9, 2019.