TCM Writing Center
The Technical Communication Writing Center is a free student service provided by the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology.
- Appointments include 25 minutes of one-on-one tutor time and 5 minutes of administrative time.
- You can make one appointment per day and three per week.
- Bring the assignment instructions with your paper. Electronic versions are fine.
- Turn off your cell phone and put it away during your appointment.
- Tutors will not edit your paper. They will work with you to become a better writer/speaker.
- Tutors will send a note to your professor upon request. You must provide the professor's email address.
- Drop-ins are welcome on a first-come, first-served basis if the tutor on duty is available.
- If you are ten minutes late, your appointment will be canceled and you'll need to reschedule.
- If you miss three scheduled appointments during the semester, you will not be able to schedule additional appointments during that semester.
- ESL students and AES students can request a 1-hour appointment (again, expect up to 5 minutes of administrative paperwork)
Check out our video on YouTube, "Tales of the TCM Writing Center, Episode I: Manually Distressed."
If you are looking for general information about the Technical Communication Program, visit our website at http://engr.iupui.edu/departments/tlc/about/programs/tcm