- Dean of the School of Engineering and Technology
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- University of South Carolina, Computer Engineering, Ph.D., 5/1993
- University of South Carolina, Electrical and Computer Engineering, MA/MS, 12/1989
- Auburn University, Electrical Engineering, BA/BS, 08/1986
- Assistant Professor (1993-1999), Associate Professor (1999-2005), Professor (2005-2010), R. Eugene Smith Professor (endowed professorship) (2007-2010), and Department Chair (2004-2010), Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, 8/1993 - 7/2010
Intelligent sensors and supporting software infrastructure, knowledge representation and inference, including Semantic Web applications, data and knowledge visualization, software engineering, logic programming applications, and geographic information systems (GIS).