Computer Engineering Technology
The degree is Engineering Technology, the career is Engineering.
With Computer Engineering Technology at IUPUI, learn to design, develop, and implement the computer-based applications that drive society. From embedded microprocessors, to memory systems, software, and PCs – computer technology is revolutionizing the way people live and work. Apply your computer engineering technology know-how to influence the technology of everyday life: handheld electronics, medical equipment, auto electronics, robotics, industrial controllers, networks, smartphones, or new technology not yet in the stores.
- BS in Computer Engineering Technology
- MS in Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology concentration
Why Computer Engineering Technology at IUPUI?
- Our graduates do well in the market place: in 2011, the average salary of our new CpET graduates was $52,167 – exceeding the national average of $48,300 for Information Technology* (*National data not available for comparison on CpET. Source: PayScale, Inc., 2011)
- Our faculty expertise and course offerings focus on ICT-based (Information, Communications and Technology) curriculum.
- Our urban location gives many opportunities for real life experience: many students work in the field while attending classes
- Our medium class size of 20 allows students to work closely with faculty
- We have a large, vibrant program: IUPUI awards the second highest number of Engineering Technology Bachelor’s degrees in the nation (Only Ferris State University graduates more)
Common Careers for Graduates:
- Applications Engineer
- System Software Engineer
- Telecom Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Facility Engineer
- Network Engineer