Computer & Information Technology (CIT) Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree
As a CIT graduate, you will become an integral part of tomorrow's computer information technology industry. Technical skills and professional leadership competencies continue to make our graduates distinctive and highly marketable in meeting the needs of employers today.
Why Computer Information Technology at IUPUI?
- Our graduates do well in the market place: in 2012, the average salary of our new CIT graduates was $51,119
- Our faculty expertise and courses focus on application development, data management, network systems and information security – all growth areas in IT
- Our urban location gives many opportunities for real life experience: many students work in the field while attending classes
- Our small class sizes (~25) allows students to work closely with faculty
- We have a large, vibrant program: CIT awards the highest number of degrees in the School of Engineering and Technology
Program Educational Objectives
Three to five years after graduating, CIT alumni will be able to:
- Design, implement, and evaluate solutions to meet the IT needs of industry.
- Provide leadership and project management for IT-related projects and services.
- Expand technical expertise in information technology.
CIT Student Outcomes
Upon completion of the BS degree, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of core computing and mathematical concepts.
- Analyze user needs and identify the computing requirements appropriate to an IT solution.
- Plan, design, implement, and evaluate IT-based systems to meet desired needs.
- Function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Acknowledge diverse opinions in regards to professional, ethical, legal, and social issues in a global perspective.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- Analyze and explain the impact of IT on individuals, organizations and societies.
- Explain the need to engage in continuing professional development.
- Use current technical concepts, techniques and practices in the information technologies within the student’s area of expertise.
- Apply the best practices and standards within the student’s area of expertise.
For accreditation information about this program, click here.