Computer and Information Technology
We make IT work.
Fascinated by the Internet and the revolutionary changes it creates? Do you love playing with computers, networks, and software?
Transform the way the world lives, works, and plays by building, managing, and securing web-based services and applications. With the Computer and Information Technology program at IUPUI, you’ll learn networking, security, data management, systems analysis and design, and programming—the information and technologies changing life as we know it.
Computer and Information Technology Degrees Offered:
- BS in Computer Information Technology
- MS in Technology
- Minor in Computer Information Technology
- Computer Technology Applications Certificate
- IT Certificate with an emphasis on Web Development
- E-Commerce Development Certificate
- Network Security Certificate
Why Computer Information Technology at IUPUI?
- CIT students learn to identify, design, implement, and manage applied software and hardware solutions to business problems using current and emerging technology.
- The CIT program creates IT professionals who can employ and manage technology to best meet the information management needs of an organization.
- The CIT program is centered on hands-on experience and real-world problem solving with experiential learning incorporated throughout the curriculum.
- CIT courses are taught by faculty rich with industry experience and a genuine love of teaching.
- CIT’s low teacher to student ratio creates personalized learning experiences and opportunities to collaborate with faculty.
Common Careers for Graduates:
- Web Developer
- Application Developer
- Network Administrator
- Security Analyst
- System Engineer
- Database Administrator